- This event has passed.
Major League Baseball® Jr. Home Run Derby™
May 21 @ 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
The Baseball Heritage Museum is a proud host of a FREE Major League Baseball® Jr. Home Run Derby™ Competition for area youth at Historic League Park in Cleveland, Ohio.
Major League Baseball® Jr. Home Run Derby™ will be held on Sunday, May 21, 2017
*Age Group 12U (born on or after July 18, 2004) from 1:00-2:30pm. Registration starts at 12:30pm.
Limited to 60 participants.
*Age Group 14U (born between July 18, 2002 and July 17, 2004) from 3:00-4:30pm. Registration starts at 2:30pm.
Limited to 60 participants
Major League Baseball® Jr. Home Run Derby™ (Jr.HRD™) provides players across the country an opportunity to participate in an exciting home run derby contest. Major League Baseball® Jr. Home Run Derby™ (Jr.HRD™) is a FREE national program for boys and girls 14 years of age and under. It will test hitting skills and power to determine the best home run hitters in the country. Major League Baseball® Jr. Home Run Derby™ (Jr.HRD™) has three levels of competition, with top performers from the Local level advancing to Regional level and ultimately, the National Finals prior to the Major League Baseball® Home Run Derby™ during MLB® All-Star Week.™
- All players MUST compete at a Local Competition.
- All players must provide a copy of a valid birth document for age verification.
- Each Local Competition Host can determine the appropriate competition format to determine one
Champion in each age group.
- Each Local Competition can submit only one Champion in each age group for advancement.
- In the event of a tie at the Local Competition, the Local Competition Host will determine the one
Champion in each age group for advancement by conducting a hit-off or another type of tiebreaker.
- A Local Competition Champion must have a winning home run total greater than 1 in order to advance
to the Regional Competition.
- In the event of threatening weather conditions, cancellations and rescheduling will be determined by
the Local Competition Host at the competition site.
- Major League Baseball® Jr. Home Run Derby™ endorses proper conduct and good sportsmanship.
- Major League Baseball®, LEJ Sports Group and hosting organizations of Major League Baseball® Jr. Home Run
Derby™ reserve the right to make rulings and recommendations regarding the competition events determined
to be in the best interest of the program. All rulings and recommendations are final.
- Participation in Major League Baseball® Jr. Home Run Derby™ authorizes Major League Baseball® and LEJ Sports
Group to use player’s name, likeness and other personal rights for promotional use without compensation.
For questions concerning the competition, including rain out dates, please contact Jay Murphy, Director of Youth Baseball Programming for the Baseball Heritage Museum @ 216.978.8168 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the Baseball Heritage Museum @ 216.789.1083